View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 01:28 PM   #123
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Soooo..... I'm going to un-hijack my thread here again....

There are two types of people in this world;
1. People who hate plasti-dip
2. People who love plasti-dip

I wasn't sure which one I was until today, and I'm absolutely a 100% believer. I've watched a TON of instructional videos on how to do plasti-dip the right way, and how to achieve the results you want. I'm here to tell you that if you do it right, it's a very cool product.

All those "don't use plasti-dip" videos on YouTube? They didn't follow direction, take their time, and spray properly. If you do it right.... you will get the results you want.

A. I didn't like the grey upper bumper since day 1. It doesn't match anything else on the car.
B. I liked the black diffuser I bought, but I didn't like how the color was slightly different.
C. I wasn't going to pay QUADRUPLE what paint costs in the US, to have it done here in Belgium.

The solution? Let's give plasti-dip a try. I plasti-dipped the diffuser, the upper bumper, and the thin trim panels on the bottom of the rear sides.... all in satin black so they all match.

150% satisfied. Love the way the satin black matches the frozen black decals. Love the contrast between the satin black body panels and satin black exhaust tips..... up against the gloss black exhaust bezels. Looks MEAN.

And now.... the hitch is TRULY hidden. You can barely even notice that it has a hitch, because it blends right in.

When I rotate back to the US in a few years, maybe I'll have them painted. For now though, couldn't be happier.

Last picture was before I plasti-dipped, so you can see the mis-matched colors.
It looks really good. Just curious, how come not gloss black to match the exhaust rings and the front of the car? Did you remove the bumper before spraying or just masking?
Appreciate 0