Thread: 45e deals?
View Single Post
      07-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #7
MayorThis
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
If you are leasing then you do not get any of the credit, that goes to BMW Financial.

As an aside, 9% off a 45e, or any X5, in these times is a very good deal. Inventory will be very low for the next few months so discounts have been lowered.
I understand the credit goes to BMW, but most (or all) manufacturers typically pass this credit on to the customer. The spirit of the credit is to incentivize the public to get into more hybrid and BEV cars, not to further enrich dealers or manufacturers. Of course, the door is open for dealers to abuse this and keep it, but that won't exactly help drive sales. Even Tesla, for all their brand cache and immovable pricing, passes the credits on to the customer without conversation. I know because I have one, it's not just conjecture. My wife has also had plug-in hybrids from Toyota and Ford and it's never been an issue. I haven't pressed the issue yet because there is no program yet for the 45e from BMW and I'm in no rush, and I live in NY and won't get the NY credit if I get it from a dealer in NJ.
Appreciate 0