View Single Post
      07-25-2020, 04:24 PM   #171
ORD_Flyer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 40i MSport

Sounds like a couple people here are really close to getting their deliveries which is awesome to hear. You're gonna love the new toy!

A couple more observations 1 week in. This is my first BMW (coming from Honda) so I'm very much a noob with luxury cars.

- I could not get Spotify (I have a premium account) to work using the code scanner. I was able to log into my Spotify account just fine but nothing would change on the screen in my car. However, manually logging into Spotify in iDrive did the trick. Might be a min or two but eventually I was able to see my Spotify history and playlists in iDrive directly
- My car was obviously super clean at delivery however, I could tell it wasn't waxed or anything. If you're not planning to put any protection on the car at delivery, you may want to wax as soon as you can to keep her pristine
- I ended up disabling CarPlay. IMHO the iDrive navigation maps looks more detailed than CarPlay. The HUD even displays which lanes during turn-by-turn. But now my texts aren't showing up so working through that
- Mentioned here as well but those M brakes do accumulate some brake dust. I'll need to plan a bit more frequent cleanings to keep them mint
- Sport mode is a blast. I could tell the suspension firms up and I was taking some ramps at 50mph with not a whole lot of body roll
- It was also mentioned in this forum that there isn't any rhyme or reason as to which tires come with your wheels at delivery. I stuck with the stock 20's (Chicago weather) and my car came with Pirellis. When pricing out the OEM tires, the Pirellis are actually more expensive than the comparable Bridgestones. Food for thought for value chasers
- My idrive tpms settings we're calibrated for a summer tire. So I had to change it to all-season/winter and drive a bit to recalibrate so the tire pressure is more accurate

This is getting quite long so will end here but enjoy the rides when they arrive!
Appreciate 2
Cooltones241.00
JTG160.00