No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
With a 50i you would.

Everybody was waiting for the 45e for tax reasons and now you see them more and more.

Contractors, doctors, lawyers, all independent workers wanting to drive a big SUV but didn't want to trow a big sum of money in the bottom less treasure chest of the Belgian country.
Yes... agreed...... up North in Flanders and Brussels.

I live near Mons.... 20 minutes from the French border. You know, the poorest district in all of Western Europe. I would give ANYTHING to live up in Northern Bergium. It's absolutely beautiful, the people are some of the friendliest I've ever come across, it's safe.... it's amazing up there.

Not down where I live. It's awful down here. The entire region is incredibly poverty-stricken. Most of the cars on the road are barely even road-worthy. Crime is rampant down here.

Regarding CT: I don't have to deal with CT, or taxes... at all. By the time my car comes up for a CT inspection, I'll be long gone back to the US, or to another European country. I paid 0% VAT when I bought it. 0% road tax, no CT inspection, and I even buy gasoline at the US prices, not European prices. If any of that applied to me, I would have never bought this car in the first place.

My biggest fear at this point..... is a douchebag cop that makes me scrape it off.... in which case, I'll do it... and then just have more put back on the next day. I'm not terribly concerned about it.
Haha you already learned the Belgian way to handle things

Mons is not comparable where we live indeed.
Appreciate 0