View Single Post
      09-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #109
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Dead on here, I had 19 and the system was sluggish and strange at times. Nothing really bad with it but since I bought the 21 I didnt know it could be this damn good! After a bit of searching and talking its my impression that the 21 are even different than the 20's. Apparently there was a redesign of the hardware in early 20's and the 21's some late 20's have different computing hardware. Just sure wish I knew exactly what was different or improved but you can tell on my 21 its razor fast just like my cell phone. Also quick note the nav is much better with voice commands too.
Like you, if I didn’t own both versions and compared them back to back, i wouldn’t have believed there is that much of a difference. It’s just everything is faster and more fluent. Like a completely different processor?? Load times are faster when starting the car. From my forum reading, it looks like BMW updated the iDrive in the X7 for the later 2019 production models and X5 in the 2020 model range. We went from seeing annoying reboot issues to very seldom requiring to reboot at all. I am not so naïve to believe we will never have to do the 30 second reboot but it was all the time with the 2019 X5.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7273.50