View Single Post
      11-01-2020, 11:02 PM   #7
rawskyb
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosec View Post
My dealer is saying they will remove the white film. If there is damage, they must know about it and should be deal with it immediately not when I take the white film off.

I told them leave the white film on and I will take my chances but they are insisted to take that off.

Did you get the car with white film intact? is it on hood, roof and doors?
Tell your dealer you will not accept the vehicle without the film left intact. And if he presses on the "hidden damage" claim (which is ridiculous), tell him you will sign something saying they are not responsible for any damage under the film. There is essentially zero chance the paint is damaged under the film unless the film is damaged.

The X5's arrive with film on the hood, front grill surround, and the roof. There are a couple of strips on the door handle (driver side) and some foam strips on the driver door edge to protect when it opens during the delivery process.

This is mine upon delivery about 12 days ago. It came off the line in Spartanburg on October 3.

Name:  zEwM0nmJQKa+2F3YrHan3g.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  463.5 KB

Name:  ae3UYiwXQbO9+iJFdpX9Hw.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  420.2 KB

It makes for a slightly anti-climactic delivery experience, seeing your new baby for the first time with a thick layer of crap all over it, but the advantages are worth it when you consider that you can get your PPF on before you get any scratches in the surface. Should basically eliminate almost all paint correction (as you undoubtedly know, or you wouldn't be worried about this).
Appreciate 2