View Single Post
      12-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #24
Fifthtoe
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefOne View Post
I think I have a clue, at least a hint of a clue. Trying it now, will update how it goes, so far it's looking positive.

What I am trying now -
Connected the cables under the hood terminals, ran the charger cable through a side slot out of the hood, and gently lowered the hood, did not close it completely. DID NOT LOCK THE VEHICLE.

The charging status is at stage three with no check control message "yet".

What I had observed in my previous attempts was - the check control message would appear the moment charging status will get to stage 3.

What I was doing in my previous failed attempts -
Attempt 1 - Connected the terminals under the hood, left the hood open, LOCKED THE VEHICLE.

Attempt 2 - Connected the cables under the hood, run the charger cable through a side slot out of the hood, and closed the hood completely. LOCKED THE VEHICLE.

Apparently, mild hybrid vehicles, like mine, need to be charged with the hood open (page 394 of the user manual). I had tried with the hood open earlier but was locking the vehicle and that was somehow triggering conflict.
I have the same charger. after not charging or driving the car for about 1.5 weeks, I plugged in my charger. I can't remember how long it stayed on 3, but I do know it was much longer than day. I always leave my hood open, so I don't think that was your issue. I'm thinking it may just be that your battery's charge was really low.
Appreciate 0