Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulllh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle86 View Post
No, this was just having CarPlay coded in. The Connected Drive is a separate thing. My car is located outside the US, so I don't have telematics. Also I can't add my car to the connected drive because the car isn't registered with BMW. BMW says the car needs to be in the US to do so. Even if I were able to get the car added to the connected drive, without the telematics, the connected drive can't talk with the car. So you still wouldn't be able to get CarPlay or Android Auto. That's what [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR] does. He's able to bypass the Connected Drive and code in CarPlay.
My car was registered by the previous owner in Canada, and currently I'm not there.
In my place now connected drive is not supported, but I think you are wrong, and if I get my car added to connectedDrive app by BMW support, the CD will notify me about a new software update, that I can download on my phone, then push it through wifi to the car!

Watch this video
Not a chance mate..

Connecteddrive is not even active in Saudi and most likely your best bet is having the software reprogrammed by a local bmw third party shop or the Dealer (costly)

If your care came with teleservices then your chances are thin .. did you try the bmw dealer in Ksa ? And or a third party shop ?
Appreciate 0