02-06-2021, 06:05 AM   #34
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
I am pricing out and making a build for a 2021 X6M Competition and the Bowen Wilkins diamond package is $3,400 whereas the Harman Kardon comes standard. I had the Harman Kardon in my i8 coupe and i8 Roadster but never heard the quality of a Bowen Wilkins.

For those verses in both can you give me the scoop on the difference in quality and whether Harmon is worth the $3,400. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
I am pricing out and making a build for a 2021 X6M Competition and the Bowen Wilkins diamond package is $3,400 whereas the Harman Kardon comes standard. I had the Harman Kardon in my i8 coupe and i8 Roadster but never heard the quality of a Bowen Wilkins.

For those verses in both can you give me the scoop on the difference in quality and whether Harmon is worth the $3,400. Thanks in advance.
It sounds better and more obvious in the mid range and less distortion if you listen very loud compared to the HK. However, both can be equalized extensively to get the sound you like. From what I can tell based on my listening - the B&W seems better tuned out of the box.

B&W is worth it if you plan to listen to a lot of music while car is parked. In motion, the X5 cabin have enough noise to not be an audiophile experience. If money is no object and if you lease and will only pay 45% of the cost then it might be fine. My 2 cents worth.

It is not a night and day experience in my opinion. More clarity in the mid range and more power so it sounds more effortless as you crank up the volume and the out of the box equalization is better than the HK - I believe both HK and B&W audio products share software and other components now.
Appreciate 1
volodp199.50