View Single Post
      02-21-2021, 11:47 AM   #26
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pål Gjestang View Post
I have exactly the same experience with a new X5M (F95) in Tanzaniteblue metallic. Swirls come as soon as you touch the paint. This has absolutely nothing to do with how you wash your car. I always wash my cars by hand. These swirls are even made of premium polishing paper. Maybe treatment with ceramic paint will make things better. I'm trying now. However, this is only to resolve the symptoms, not the real cause. Here there must be a problem with the paint itself and the clearcoat used. Tanzaniteblue matalic is a disgrace to BMW. It simply seems unsuitable for use on a car. So what do we and BMW do with this problem? I have never experienced anything like this. And I've had a lot of BMWs over the years.
Thanks for posting. I owned a bunch of cars, and washed them all at the same car washes through the years, and never had problems like this. My previous X6M was a 2017 in carbon black, and after 3 year lease it also looked pretty bad with a bunch of swirls, but never as bad as the new car after the very first wash.

My future cars are going to be all silver.
Appreciate 0