Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
Had a 2018 BSM x6m and just like you after 3 years of wash it looks better compared to 1 wash on this new 2021 BSM x6m. Same car wash that has done all my M cars here in the Bay Area. Same exact weekly regimen.

Had it paint corrected and ceramic coated last week and it looks better now but who knows how long that will last.

Bottom line, I believe the clear coat used in this generation sucks.
Well, to be fair, during the first wash they even scratched up all the black trim around the doors, the tail lights and the headlights, so it was certainly out of the ordinary. But still, even after paint correction and ceramic coating, there are some swirls after the 2nd wash, so I pretty much stopped caring.
Yeah my theory is this clearcoat is "soft". My ceramic guy said the same thing.

I don't know what I'll end up doing but I am very against putting PPF on a lease given I may not even keep this thing 36 months.

Dunno! I'll see how this plays out.
Ceramic coat it. I read it somewhere can't recall Clear C is 3H and Ceramic C is 9-10H depends. No contest here.

Cleaning is safe and so easy. I washed it that day using ONR and red sponge inside my garage, as weather was bad . I was surprised how easily the sponge glide over the surface without leaving a single mark.
Appreciate 0