Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i | 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post
Not to mention soft close doors and heated/cooled cup holders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
In what universe is it OK to do this and keep the price the same? I ordered my car last week assuming the packages are what I always thought they were. WTF BMW. Audio quality is a big deal to me. 70 K plus for a car and no way to order a decent radio in it.
Initially I was pretty burnt about this too and considered waiting until the 2022 build came out. I decided in the end that I probably wasn't going to use the heated/cooled cup holders anyway and I could live without the soft closing doors. The dealer offered to waive the shipping fee and I didn't feel like paying an additional $500 for the next build cycle so I put in an order!

For reference, the temperature control cup holders + soft closing doors were part of the ZPX Executive package which cost $5600 for the 2020 model.

The 2021 ZPX Executive package cost $5100 without it.

Additional differences between the two (For easy reference for those who are interested):

2020 had Sirius Sat Radio 1 year subscription
2020 had driver recorder as a part of the ZPX package. This option was moved to the ZPK package for 2021. (2020 ZPK package is $700 and 2021 ZPK package is $800)
2020 had active parking distance control as a part of the ZPX package. This option was moved to the ZPK package for 2021
2020 had surround view as part of the ZPX package. This option was moved to the ZPK package for 2021.

2021 added glass controls to the ZPX package which was a $650 option for the 2020
2021 added Harman Kardon surround system to the ZPX which was a $875 option for the 2020

But in the end you're right. If they're going to remove HK surround sound from the ZPX package then it should reflect in price. The current ZPX package valued at $5100 should be reduced to $4225. Me personally.... I wouldn't buy one without HK or better. I'd wait or move on. I noticed on my original 40i purchase order that HK was not included. It was one of the reasons I cancelled and put in an order for a M50i with B&W.

For those of you who are worried that you won't get HK. I wouldn't worry if its in your product build list. It would suck but you could always refuse the vehicle after inspecting it. With that being said, probably not a bad idea to contact your dealer to confirm in advance.
Appreciate 0