View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 03:40 AM   #2
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 FY15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly View Post
Hi everyone, I have recently changed out the standard BMW Hi-Fi speakers with the Bavsound stage 1 upgrade and also changed the subs to the Bavsound Ghost units. Overall I have to say the improvement in sound quality (clarity and depth) is fantastic. Pre-upgrade I had Bass and Treble both at around +8 now have treble -4 and bass +2.
However, it does highlight that some form of equalizer to enable a more detailed control of frequency bands would really make this upgrade the best it could be (and I dare say better than the HK option).

With the issues around the HK option on current new builds I figure this post could be very timely.

I have explored a heap of coding posts and have found some various posts that suggest there may be ways to achieve some improvements (see below). I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any experience with any of these options please and/or any other ideas on how to improve/expand the control of the sound?

Option 1 - (Using bimmercode) HU MGU HEADUNIT expert mode look for AUDIO-SYSTEM then change the parameters from alev2-Ram to alev4-Ram code to achieve a working Bowers and Wilkins settings and working equalizer (Note: I have read other posts that suggest only the two outside frequency bands on the equalizer actually adjust the sound so if this is correct it would mean you still only have bass and treble control)

Option 2 - (Using Bimmercode) HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE. Change the value from whatever it is to volle_insz and code.Cycle the vehicle on/off after the coding is complete and you'll notice that Bang & Olufsen now sits at the top of the Tone menu. If you select this option, you'll have your choice of two DSPs: Studio and Expanded. Expanded does improve the sound even of the base Hi-Fi.

Option 3 - (Using Bimmercode) - I dont think this one is relevant but not sure.
To add HK equalizer to head unit

HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AMPLIFIER_VARIANT = most
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AUDIO_SYSTEM = hk_surroundsound
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AUDIO_SYSTEM_VAR = variant1 [Default]
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > EQ_VARIANT = variant5
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > MULTICHANNEL = nicht_aktiv [Default]
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 > LOGIC7_SYMBOL = aktiv
HU_NBT_EVO > SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN 3004 > EXTERNER_MOST = aktiv
Hi
This is great info. Do you have screenshots of your idrive to show what it looks like now?
Appreciate 0