Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 FY15

Quote:
Originally Posted by punknart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitenD View Post
This happend to me as well.
I just did the steps again as per the original thread and it all ended up working again.

Always work and change what the thread has asked. Don't select anything other then what the steps have said. Lighpcket code and all.
You select anything else, and it usually stuffs up!

What I found when coding is that you have to change all your colours and everything you need in each part. For example, you can't just go in and change bronze to red. You need to change all the values you need in both 360A and 360D and not skip any steps.

I had the same failures and issues you had and then kinda wrote everything I wanted to do and then coded. Now it always works.
Even when I get that failure come up, I just recode and it works

Thanks for your tips! I really appreciate it

Ive got some questions:

1. Did you code the GO5G06_Lichtpaket_code2 as well?
2. When you said that you tried again, did you restore and gave it a second try?
3. If you restore, did the lights went back to default? As I said before, I restored from a backup but the doors problem still was there so what if I want to fix it?

Thank you!
Hi
1. Only changed light packet1 as per the instructions on the thread. Did not change anything else
2. I did do a restore backup from a very old one (not from that day) and then tried again.
However I have now not bothered to do that and would just try it again if it doesn't work or if I get the side light failure notification. Once you code again, it usually overwrites the last code.

The way I see it, it's just the lights of the car and not the end of the world. If I stuff it up, I can make some excuse with BMW and get the car reset with a software update from them which would restore everything back to normal.

Just remember that when you do go for a service next, all this will be gone so it's ideal to create an excel and put all the steps you are going to code so you don't forget it. After I did this, now it just takes me about 3mins to change all the values I want and then then 3 mins to code and update ECU.
Appreciate 0