View Single Post
      03-17-2021, 08:49 AM   #69
soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
I showed my wife the pictures and she said it looked great, "I'd drive one" - her 340 is going on 6yrs / 44k miles and I've been shopping for the past 6 months. This is 3yrs longer than I've ever kept a car for her...
I keep punting hoping a manufacturer comes out with an electric car that challenges Tesla. Ford is the first to actually have a challenger imo, good price / decent looks. My hope, the i4 comes out $20k cheaper but based on this pricing, I'm guessing $10-15k cheaper.

I don't want to put a wet blanket on it yet but it has to do 1 thing better than anyone else. Range, luxury, tech, speed, price, etc. but I don't know what that is right now based on the release. Maybe feeling good about the non-conflict cobalt and green initiatives BMW is marketing. My $.02
They teased some more pictures of i4 yesterday and showed off how it looks a bit more: https://electrek.co/2021/03/17/bmw-i...c-sedan-range/

Have to say, it doesn't look as bad as this iX and I might consider getting it. But you are absolutely right! iX/i4 should have something better compared to their competition for people to choose them but so far the range and price estimates are both not competitive at all! The only advantage BMW has (in US at least) is that they are still eligible for the $7,500 federal credit but with the current admin proposing to reinstate $7,000 credit for up to 400,000 vehicles sold, then Tesla becomes much more affordable!
Appreciate 0