03-21-2021, 08:12 AM   #219
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoromar View Post
2021 40i, 22” pirelli’s, adaptive M suspension, dampeners present.

Loud humming noise was initially very apparent and annoying. Tires were over inflated from factory. Lowered to stock and only a slight improvement. Currently 1 psi below stock and the sound is still there and can be heard even with radio.

I guess it is what it is. Been driving it a few weeks now and I’m trying to get used to it. The sound is not fitting for a luxury suv at this price point. It is the only knock on an otherwise great car. Will try to let out a little more air and turn up the volume more.

Seems like there is not much else we can do short of going smaller in wheels.
One reason, I am thinking of sticking with my 19 inches set up beyond winter. I have just gotten used to the quieter and smoother ride. Initially, the aesthetics from 21 to 19 inches (for me) was a little jarring, but now I am used to it. I have the DHP + M Sport package with Adaptive M suspension on mine. So even with all that, there is a difference in ride quality with smaller rims - probably why luxury sedans tend to have higher side-walls.

But, I also understand that aesthetics is a major reason people buy BMW, and compromising there would not make sense since you're taking away a key differentiator of the platform.
Appreciate 0