View Single Post
      03-22-2021, 06:03 AM   #279
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

Can i check, after i change C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv and C_SLA_aUCC_Land_aktiv to FF, FF, FF, FF, the Ausgelesen become "UNKNOWN". Is it suppose to be like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
All,

This is the state of TLA world-wide.

It has only been officially released in a handful of markets, for MY21, and even those where it has been released, it appears there are some restrictions.

If you follow my coding exactly and meet the pre-reqs, one of the following scenarios is possible:
  1. Function not available in this country - hard-stop. It will not work and is blocked. Not at a coding level, but at a software level. This indicates that the system would not work well or safely if enabled with that regions TL systems. Examples - Russia, AUSY, Singapore(?)
  2. Function is supported but does not work well, or works intermittently - examples are US, CA, China. Important markets that BMW will want to support but the system is not developed enough to deal with all scenarios
  3. Function is fully supported - EU countries including DE and UK. The system will read 'most' lights and either auto accepts or requires manual SET for acknowledgement. Stops accurately and safely at the light, even if changing from Green to Amber, and will prompt the user to restart on Green. This system works 90% of the time but will still fail at times and is not totally reliable.

While I am seeing improvements to the system with each i-step release, the land mask for UCC has not changed since 07/2020. This means BMW have not changed the regions that are supported for Urban Cruise Control (UCC) which underpins TLA. Probably because the system is not fully baked in the regions it is supported yet. They may also have moved dev onto the SP21 vehicles. Hopefully the development for the system is supported on both platforms, but we will see.

It seems that aSLA is a dependency for the system, and the 'Consider Traffic Lights' option is in the same idrive menu area. Regions that do not natively allow aSLA, like North America, do not meet that dependency without coding.

In summary, it's complicated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0