View Single Post
      04-01-2021, 08:19 AM   #53
MAWGinMD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 x45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.ashraf56 View Post
Well PHEV is not for everyone, it makes sense for those people who can charge the vehicle overnight can upgrade to level 2 charger and have a daily run of something under 30 miles. For some one like me who lives in a city in high rises and usually have runs of more than 150 miles it doesn't works. Most of the time I would be carrying dead weight and i have my sedans for 5 miles runs to work. I just bought 2021 40i with out of the door price tag of 84k at 73k after discounts. That 7500 tax credit was lucrative but I didn't want to get tied up with a battery which I would not be able to keep charged regularly on most of my trips.
I think that's an overly specific use case you're targeting. My commute (when I have to go in) is well over 30 miles round-trip and I don't have an L2 charger yet, but the mpge I'm getting is just silly with overnight charging on a standard outlet. (12-13 hrs from 0%, so it just makes it to full if I plug it in when I get home)

@ the performance delivery center, I asked and the instructors clarified that the impacts of the added weight are very slightly increased stopping distance (that was my concern but it's irrelevant short of something like racing/etc. apparently) and the mpg hit...which is N/A unless you never charge it and drive primarily highway - which is possible, but I would say probably an outlier case.

It's obviously not for everyone, but demographically, most people buying the X5 have easy access to at least a home 110V plug - so it logically follows that it would be the smarter choice more often than not.

Granted, we don't always make the most sensible choices and that's perfectly fine - I have about 20 previous vehicles and multiple ex-wives that are testaments/can attest to that.
Appreciate 0