View Single Post
      04-18-2021, 01:33 AM   #43
videoman535i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M50i, 2008 335i

In a possibly related matter, my dealer, through their retention department, has contacted me by mail and email with an offer for me to end my lease early (11 months remaining). Their claim is that I can replace my 2019 40i with (what I assume) is a comparable 2021 and save $74 a month due to a $1500 BMW loyalty credit and a $3500 dealer preferred customer bonus (and a possible waiving of the $350 lease disposition fee, whatever that is).

I figured this offer was some sweet deal for the dealer so blew it off, but this thread has me taking another look. Is the white hot used car market making these kinds of deals possible and should I give it some consideration?

I'm not even sure how I would evaluate the offer. When I read the email my first thought was that I would surely come out on the short end as the dealer would get a one year (well, 11 month) newer vehicle, but still be giving me the original 3yr/36k mile residual value as described in the lease agreement. Wouldn't there would be tax and registration for the new vehicle?

Has anyone else seen a similar offer?

Any insight into how I might properly evaluate this offer?

This 2019 is my first leased vehicle so this is new to me.
Appreciate 0