View Single Post
      05-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

shenard. I've seen the brushed aluminum trim in person. I don't think it looks cheap and nor feel like plastic. It's definitely different than the aluminum trim offered in a 3 series loaner that I got (note that this was last years 3 series model and it might have been a different aluminum trim; not sure about the M3).

I never liked the look of brown wood trim's too much. My parents had it in all of their cars and growing up with it. I just relate it to being for "old" folks (to me old folks = luxury too). Aluminum trim is sportier. I do like dark "black" woods, like the ones offered in Mercedes or the BMW 3 series coupe. The dark Bamboo is the only exception to my dislike of brown woods though. It is different enough from the traditional brown wood for it to feel young to me, yet it offers a more luxurious look.

My choices in order of preference: Black Wood, Alumnum trim tied with Dark Bamboo, then the rest.

It's funny. In America, wood trim is more popular (standard on the X5). In Europe, aluminium is more popular (and standard on the X5).

This is such a subjective subject though. Go with what you think looks the best and what you'll be happy looking at each time you get in the car.
Appreciate 0