View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 08:49 PM   #23
Mo2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post
Avoided posting on this thread initially. But my $.02.

in sum: You could have told me the massaging seats in the M50i came with a happy-ending and I'd still be in an F95 (Lord Willing). It looks, sounds and drives better (to me) and it's easily discernible to true Bimmer fans that it's another level of a car. Sure it's got the same engine or whatever but all the technical stats don't really matter (except horsepower and such -- to me). The (non-literal) ///M Competition Badge does though.

I considered both cars when shopping. My local dealer had an M50i with a similar spec to what I liked and I was close to pulling the trigger. Ultimately, I ended up going with an F95. It came purely down to aesthetic for me. Well that and being the BAMF with an X5MC. Plus I wanted the Sakhir Orange interior, seats and mirror caps. Overall, IMHO, just a better looking and feeling car. I like waking the neighbors when it cranks up.

Call me vain. Call me conceited. Call me pretentious. The monikers all fit and I'm not ashamed at all. I worked hard to get to a point where I'm blessed enough to afford the car I wanted so I got it. The F95 is just an overall better car. Period. Full stop.

M50i owners can try as they might to say it's the same car less the extra horsepower, seats and moldings. Once BMWNA agrees I'll retract my previous statements.

Thank you very much!
Appreciate 0