United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiki08 View Post
In the market for a key fob cover[...]
Anyone used the OEM cover?
I was about to get the OEM cover cuz it looks nice but involves taking it out of one's pocket or handbag/purse in addition to flipping it out of the cover to access the buttons. I also have Vernasca coffee interior, but I don't ever lay my key down in the cabin, so I never felt i had to match a case or cover against the interior color, yet the one I purchased a few posts above does match my exterior which is Arctic Grey with blue M Sport brakes and additional carbon fiber accessories. I can also spot it immediately if it were on a countertop among other fobs.

it has served me well and fits my particular needs. while bulkier than a naked fob, it has TPU impact protection and still fits in my pants front coin pocket. I can press the buttons without taking it out of my pocket. I can remove the internal key without taking off the case. faux carbon fiber looks ok but doesn't impede signal range.

it really depends on how you store and plan to use it, so it might take a couple trial and errors. all the cases will add bulk to the original key fob though there are slim ones but those won't protect from impacts, just surface scratches. real carbon fiber ones are slim but may affect signal range. some require hardware to assemble onto the fob. many don't allow access to the internal key without having to completely remove the case or cover.
Appreciate 0