View Single Post
      05-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #82
quattrodubber
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M140i, 2021 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiki08 View Post
Anyone used the OEM cover? Vehicle's interior is in Vernasca "coffee", but the G05 accessories list suggests this one in "Mocca" as a compatible accessory. It's probably compatible in terms of key size, but what about the colour? Does anyone know?
I ordered one of these (for my coffeee interior) and just got it yesterday - didn't even think that they were going to be different colours until I put them next to each other. Pays to read the colour properly

I also got the M Performance one so I'll see if i want to change after a while - it's currently holding my spare key.

I did notice this morning that the car didn't auto lock as I walked away so maybe it is blocking it but I'm not sure. The auto lock/unlock seems a bit inconsistent - sometimes works from far away and sometimes I can walk right up to the car and almost grab the handle before it works. Also seems to be affected by the approach direction.

It is obviously bulkier than some of the other covers shown here but I do like the fact it covers the buttons from accidental pressing. I've had times in the past with previous keys that have opened the boot because of something else in the pocket pressing the key - not something you want in a tight parking spot
Appreciate 0