View Single Post
      05-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #24
todd92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 ZHP, 19 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
I know with the latest Harleys, if some kind of flash tune/piggyback tune is or was installed on the bike, as soon as the dealer hooks up the dealer tech scan tool, it will see the tune and immediately notifies Harley HQ's who thereby flags the powertrain warranty. Even though many have removed the tune prior to a dealer visit, they were still caught.

Since our vehicles cost so much and though the piggyback tunes look great on paper, I'm certainly not taking the chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
He is referring to a flash tune on a Harley.
An engine does not have to be under forced induction to benefit from tuning(spark advance, fuel maps, etc.), sounds like you might be unclear on this.
You are also likely off the mark suggesting that BMW current software is incapable of logging a medley of measured parameters for future examination. Overboost conditions are actually quite simple to recognize from recorded data as are over revs, high temps, knock sensor signals, and on and on.
JB4 is kick ass if it delivers. 3 or 4 lbs of additional boost will be extremely noticeable and a much higher performing vehicle if it can actually do so.
I'll take that level of performance increase and accept what ever warranty implications may follow and lose absolutely no sleep in the process.
It's perfectly clear what he said. Apparently you can't read.

Nothing I have said in any post shows a lack of understanding about the difference between a piggyback and flash tune.

Data logging will never show an overboost with a piggyback tuner.
Data logs collected from the tuner show the actual boost. Data logs collected from the ECU do not. The fact that you keep saying this show you have no idea how a piggyback tuner works.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13499.00