GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
I wonder if someone who is on alibaba/China backed manufactures something cheap and effective which performs and gets 5 star reviews and sells for a while.
And then bosch Siemens aeg miele etc come in charge a 25% premium and blasts the cheapo guy out because they are quality manufacturers and the cheapo guy is an innovator.
Ha, well I'm a broken record but right around the time Tesla was starting up, the Chinese government funded 1000+ BEV startups! That's been whittled down to ~400, and the goal is about 16 survivors. (Westerners were too busy arguing about Tesla to notice )

And China is super flexible: their preference is to have their companies making the BEVs & supplying the BEV automakers, but they're just as comfy hosting the automakers and suppliers, i.e., Tesla & like Apple.

And further, China is super happy to have a bunch of Western cultural separatists arguing about green this/that, global warming, and similar rot while they quietly flank the entire Western transportation industry.
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13729.00