GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajob View Post
I fully agree with USB being the only high quality entry point...On a good music system .flac files sound perceivably better compared to .mp3 files and make the B&W system really worthwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vanguard- View Post

See thats just way too much effort to enjoy these speakers. lol
yup ... Tidal streams CD quality just fine 100% of the time wired ... assuming ...

(1.) Most people, from their phones (apple or android), no matter what they THINK they're playing (via USB/lightening), aren't playing "high-res"
If you immediately know why I"m saying that (catalog+tech) then you might be one of the exceptions.

(2.) FLACs will definitely have a perceivably better sound to the average listener, even on a mediocre system / headphones IN A QUIET ENVIRONMENT ON A RECORDING WITH GOOD MASTERING. Cars probably aren't that usually. And is the difference large? For most listeners, not unless they listen A/B and super care about small differences.

(3.) Once you get over the mastering problem, the tech problem, the limitations of a noisy car, and the system itself how much sound-wise is the B&W really giving you over the HK I haven't heard them back-to-back but I believe those saying "none".

All of that said, will I spec the B&W? Definitely. Why? Not for the sound difference, just cuz if I'm loading up then imma load it the fuck up.

So for me it's worth it, but not because of the sound. or hi-res. whatever that realistically means. Which is almost nothing.

Last edited by GrussGott; 08-07-2021 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0