View Single Post
      09-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #24
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
This isn't making much sense, but then the PenFed rebate has never made sense to me unless it IS PenFed's rebate to give:

* If you use BMWFS, then $500 or whatever based on their table

* If you pay cash, then $3250 or whatever based on their table

This was always available AFAIK (at some $ amount), even during USAA times, as I used it then.

It's obviously some deal between BMWNA & PenFed (negotiated for PenFed members, just like BMWCCA does for its members), and EXCLUDES BMWFS:
Special BMW Incentive offer is valid at any authorized BMW Center in the United States. Cash incentives are not applicable for vehicles leased/financed through BMW Financial Services. Member must take retail delivery January 4, 2021 - January 3, 2022. Incentive offer is subject to change without prior notice. This incentive offer is available to PenFed members. BMW requires presentation of a photo ID your BMW Manufacturer Certificate with a unique Customer ID and Offer Code. Visit the PenFed Car Buying Service to receive BMW Certificate. One incentive per member, per offer code, per calendar year for new BMW vehicles. Eligible member must be the purchaser. See your authorized BMW Center for complete program details.
In other words, it appears that IT IS PenFed's rebate to give!

That is, PenFed has negotiated a rebate with BMWNA for their customer members ... and BMWNA has pushed it down to the dealers via their franchise agreement.

You need to a PenFed member - if so you get the rebate per BMWNA.

Incorrect, you have some bad information and assumptions. It only came about when USAA gave up administering it. (EDIT: Correction - it appears it was available starting 11/2019 and the USAA car buying service ended 9/30/20) It was the easiest way for BMW to replace USAA. Now BMW has their own validation as well as using TrueCar. That is why BMW considers it a Type J military incentive.

Name:  STACKABILITY.png
Views: 1003
Size:  17.0 KB

Just look at the rules/details for the military incentive and the PenFed incentive, they are the same except for the name substitution just like it used to say USAA.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 09-04-2021 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0