View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #1
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Minor Dent/Scratch on '22 M4 Fender

I got a about a 2in dent & scratch on my lower rear fender on the driver's side. Scratch seems very minor, yet it shows clearly. I get the feeling that the clear coat and paint on this Mexico Blue is not the best to hide this time of mishaps.

So now I have to see how I can get it repaired.

Option 1: Go to BMW and see what they recommend.

Option 2: See if I can get a friend of mine, that is really good at PDR, to at least get the dent out and then get quotes from paint/body shops around to remove the scratch.

Option 3: See if anyone here has had experience repairing something of this magnitude and provide some advise.

How it happen:
I decided to drive the M4 today thinking it was a great clear day (no weather forecasted) and take my "no traffic/no drama" route. It was dark but the road appear to be clear. All of the sudden I hear this loud thud noise in the rear left side of the car. I dismissed it by thinking I probably picked up some rock again with these sticky tires and just reverberated when it hit the rear wheel well and made it sound like the fender was hit.

Well, when I got to work, I parked right under a light pole just to inspect the car just in case. As soon as I stepped out, I see a 2in. line going across the lower fender, just above the skirt. I try cleaning it with a little spit, and the light brown color goes away, but the scratch stays. Then, after a closer look, I realize there is also a minor dent in it.

I drove back to where it happened and found a 3/8in. thick, 3ft. long tree branch with the same color as the scratch, sitting on the side of the road. So, I'm guessing I inadvertently ran over the tip with my front tires, which made it spin in the air and catch the rear fender just right to make that mark on it.

I knew something like this was bound to happen sooner or later, but with <600mi.?!?! Come on!!!

It may not seem like a big deal, but for a $100K+ car, it kind of hurts.

Last edited by GixY2K; 10-21-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0