11-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #230
tnutt19
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC, 2022 X5 M50I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dananelson1 View Post
Yes, I think the hardest part is that items such as touchscreen being deleted AFTER an order is placed and even a VIN assigned. (I think my build on the line was one day too late to secure a touchscreen ) I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Parts should be Locked into that order. If items like upgraded sound, etc. aren't available, while this sucks, we know ahead and time and make the decision with that knowledge.

tnutt19 You're best bet might be to search far and wide for a currently produced M50i with most of your options (and forgo ideal color combo). As far as most can tell, you won't get much better treatment from the competition (MB, Audi, etc.) as they too are having the same problems.
Ive searched and unfortunately I am not willing to compromise on colors. We sold our last one because my wife wanted the colors I spec'd, 2017 with only 26k miles but it was a big deal. Honestly there is nothing available either and I cant justify paying the used prices when I sold mine for lower than they are gong for 6 weeks later with much higher miles.
I talked to someone I know that knows his stuff and he believes that touch screen should be as easy as switching out. I am not pushing my dealer to push their rep to get this corrected or for them to correct before I take delivery. Otherwise I will cancel both cars and keep the Alpina B7 until I can get a couple cars from the competition. I get SC issues but the way they have handled it at each step has been pathetic. Ill give them a chance to correct it one last time and then Im gone for good.

My rep read me the letter they got from the national sales rep that went out to all the dealers, the rep was more concerned with sweeping it under the rug than solving and being forward. Saying things like no one used touch screen anyway and the park assist feature will be removed from the website so they dont get questions, nothing about how to handle and take care of the customers. Really big turn off. I also do not want a science project. The patch firmware is not written yet. I am in manufacturing and know how this goes. There will be bugs, there are always bugs and this will be essentially not tested at all. Otherwise they would be flashing the software now and then suggesting updated software when it hits the dealers.

My rep also told me they have cars delivering left and right with missing features. The worst I have heard is power seats removed and the client didnt find out until they showed up to pick up the car, serioiusly who buys a BMW and doesnt get power seats??
Appreciate 2