View Single Post
      01-01-2022, 08:49 PM   #94
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/G05 X5 xDrive40i

I was able to get my touchscreen working on a G05.

1. I used a fully updated Windows 7 x64 and had to install these updates for Visual C++ because I was getting a PSdZ API Module failed error. I installed the x86 version then the x64 version found in the link. I didn't know which I needed so I did both.
2. For installation of E-Sys 3.27.1 I followed the "E-Sys - Installation Instructions - v.17.pdf" For the PSdZData, I used v.4.32.33_PSdZData_Lite
3. For installing E-Sys Launcher PRO 2.8.2_Build_162b BFU Edition, there is a .txt that comes with the .msi installer. I followed that.
4. If you have a tune, you'll want to disable or remove it before coding. For coding, I basically followed "E-Sys - VO Coding Guide.pdf" The guide is for the F10, but its similar to the G05. For the G05 you have to choose S18A, instead of F010 that the guide says to use.
5. Hit the start button on the car 3x for it to pop up the diagnostic mode on the cluster screen. Make sure you have a good battery. You don't want the car to shut off while coding and brick it. Turn off your lights/hvac to save battery.
6. I ran Launcher Pro 2.8.2 as administrator. Right-click icon and choose run as administrator.
7. I clicked the Connect button and chose S18_21_11_530_v004_000_001 (the one WITHOUT the direct suffix). According to the install instructions (E-Sys - Installation Instructions - v.17.pdf), S18A psdzdata covers the G05. There were two different S18A on my list a 21_07_568 and a 21_11_530. I chose the latter because my G05 was running 11/2021.30. Make sure you use the correct one for your chassis and version. You can check what version your car has in iDrive. Go to Settings->General Settings. Scroll down to Other\Remote Software Upgrade. It will tell you the installed version. If you don't have the correct S18A listed in the connection options, you'll need to update your psdzdata folder. The instructions say you need to delete the old and then copy the new into it. Don't merge the new on top of the old, per step 6 in the "E-Sys - Installation Instructions - v.17.pdf"
8. I clicked Refresh and then my VIN popped up. I clicked the radio button that said Connection via VIN and pressed the Connect button.
9. On Expert Mode/Coding, click Read
10. Click Save button. I put FA_Original.xml to have a backup of the original
11. Click File -> Save As. I put Touchscreen.xml. Now you're working on the Touchscreen.xml file
12. Click Edit
13. Drill down into the folder FA\FZAuftrag\Type\SALAPA-Elements. Highlight the SALAPA-Element folder.
14. Bottom left of screen are all the codes. I deleted 6UY, There are no spaces and each code is separated by a comma. They appear to be alphabetical.
15. There is a 'Apply Changes' button at the top right corner of the SALAPA-Element box. The icon looks like a rectangle with a yellow arrow pointing left. Hit that.
16. Right-Click on FA and choose Calculate FP to make sure there are no errors.
17. If no errors, press the Save icon that looks like a floppy disk.
18. The "E-Sys - VO Coding Guide.pdf" says pages 14-15 are optional (doing the VCM Master/Write FA FP). I didn't do them, because I read somewhere that it may cause issues with updates.
19. I skipped to page 16. Click on Expert Mode -> Coding.
20. Click Load and choose the xml that you saved to enable the touchscreen (deletion of 6UY).
21. Right-click on the FA folder and choose Activate FA
22. Instructions say to click Read SVT, but I got an error. I found this post by ifr that shows him using the Read ECU button instead. I clicked Read-ECU and it worked.
23. A list of folders pops up on the Bottom left of the screen under a SVT heading. Scroll down and right-click on the "HU_MGU [63]" folder and chose Code. The touchscreen should start to work after it reboots itself.
24. To enable back-up assistance you will also have to right-click and choose code on other ECUs. I have got backup assistant to work, but I coded a bunch of ECUs before it started working. I know you need to at least do USS, and possibly others. See post #103 for other modules you may need to code.

Last edited by Sample; 01-08-2022 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 4