View Single Post
      04-04-2022, 09:08 AM   #182
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

I figured I'd give some feed back on my experiences so far on the recent install of the GTS Black on the X6M50i.

Installation was pretty easy. Thanks Ben for sending me the electronic copy of them so I could blow the pictures up. " it sucks getting old and the eyes going away" LOL. My only complaint about installation was getting the damn cold air intakes out of the way. Putting them back in was a breeze as I changed from the stock 50i ones to the M version. It gets rid of the snorkel on them and looks so much better. I'm going to install the M cross brace here in a couple of weeks. I've been running around town with it set on 5 and you can feel the difference in the increased torque as it is pulling. one thing I really like about having the app is switching from stock to another mode pretty easily. I did 4 good launches with it set on 7 and man there is quite a difference in the additional 120Ft LB. I then switched it off and it gave me the opportunity to tell the difference. I didn't do any timing or anything to compare numbers so no data to throw out to everyone, just seat of the pants feel. I will make a run to San Antonio in a couple of weeks and set it to the Eco Mode and see how it compares to the trip we just did to Dallas from Houston. I was able to get 22 MPG set on EcoPro mode with cruse at 65-78 MPH on rather flat Texas roads. This will be a real comparison instead of what BMW says it should get. Only thing that concerns me is this thing gets rather hot under the hood with the Hot V8 turbos where they are. I've got it positioned on the pass side as far away from things as the wires will let me place it. I will let everyone know how the economy test goes in a few weeks.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13128.00