08-08-2022, 09:33 AM   #6
chicagob5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Nice!

Although to be honest, I still don't really understand the point of an EV truck. If you're a contractor that doesn't tow and just needs a bed, I guess it makes sense.

For the average consumer? If I need a truck I can rent one for $50 for the day, or just have Lowe's/Home Depot deliver it. If you're actually towing something you just cut the range by 50-70%.
I live in the midwest and have a truck as a daily. It's just super convenient, no worries about swapping to snow tires or anything - I just get in and go when we have crazy weather. It's nice to throw stuff in the bed when doing our spring gardening or moving things around. I also go snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking in the summer, those items also go in the bed.

Overall, I never was all that interested in trucks until I got one. Now I see why they're so popular. I really like my F150 and would love a EV truck. I'm pretty bummed out I didnt pull the trigger on the R1T before the price increase. In hindsight, it was a steal with the tax credits at the original price.
Appreciate 0