View Single Post
      12-19-2022, 01:17 PM   #3
SpiralOut
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5Mc

Step 2 - Upgrading Stock Subs to Earthquakes:

I upgraded the underseat Subs to the Earthquake SWS-8Xi 2-Ohm subs. Install on these was pretty straightforward, lot’s of good youtube videos on this process. Stock ones are glued in which is a pain, but with a heat gun or a hairdryer you can pry them out pretty easily. I ordered a pair of subs through Amazon and they came with the adapter rings so you don’t need to by those separately. You will need to cut those OEM wires though to connect them..... or you could use some type of wire connecter to connect them. If you cut them, just make sure you don't cut them too short.

I ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/Earthquake-So...f5a4e2f90&th=1

And here's a Vid on getting the sub's out:

After Step 2, bass sound is definitely better….. it’s actually a bit too strong since there’s still not enough power going to the main speakers from the HK amp. It does allow you to turn the bass down on the whole system which helps overall sound clarity a bit, but it’s still not great and missing some midrange. If you always listen to music at low volume levels this may be good enough for you, but I still wanted to take it further and add an amp.

Last edited by SpiralOut; 12-19-2022 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 5