12-21-2022, 08:11 AM   #52
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post
I love my X5MC. Might be the first car I purchase at lease end. Really can't think of another super-SUV that ticks all the main boxes: speed, price, aesthetic, handling...it just has it all. Another thing I really like about the F95 is that it's very unassuming. The Average Joe driving down the interstate has no idea that it's a $120K truck and I love that. This is especially true when some jackass wants to cut me off or race, only to FAFO about them thoroughbreds grazing under the hood in ///M-Town.

We just picked up a new 2023 Macan S. Obviously, it's not in the same league as the Cayenne Turbo GT but I do agree with some of the other posters that the build quality for Porsche is a tad bit better than a comparable counterpart such as the X3 M40i that I saw at a mediation I attended today. But I don't feel that that same difference in the level of luxury extends to the Cayenne's I've seen. And certainly not $60K-$80K better.

Another dealbreaker for me: BMW's infotainment is INFINITELY better than Porsche's. I hate Mrs. Malibu's PCM interface. It's clunky and not as intuitive as iDrive. That being said, I've read on Rennlist/seen on youtube that the Cayenne interface is a bit more crisp and doesn't have the same lag as the Macan, but the bones of the system remain the same.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, is what others touched on: price. Fully loaded with every possible feature the F95 is ~$130K out the door, tax, tag and dealer prep. I can't seem to spec even a base Cayenne for less than $120K and that's "scrimping". I specced a '23 Cayenne GTS, here's [...]
All great incite and I agree on a lot of your points. BMW has the best interface and IDrive is the best. My Cayenne GTS was just over 120k in 2021 (prices went up now) and unless you drive them back to back won’t understand my preference. Even if you did maybe you would still prefer the X5M it’s def faster and a wonderful SUV.

My gripes with the X5M compared to the GTS were I felt the GTS is more buttoned down, feels tighter and has better steering. Also since my wife drives it, the X5M has an overly harsh ride that doesn’t exactly translate to better handling. In the GTS I drive in sport + mode and it’s very sporty. My wife comfort mode and it’s comfortable. The air suspension is fantastic, I love rear wheel steering too.

Again I’m not flaming the X5M I love it but for me I liked the GTS better

As a matter of fact I had my car in for service and they gave me a standard Cayenne loaner. Big money for an amemic performer. Handling was much worse than my gts. It was awful to be honest. I can’t imagine any scenario where that would be a choice over the much better X5 4.0 M sport.

Macan and Cayenne are really nothing alike.

I see the Turbo GT as a cheaper and better Urus not a very expensive X5M or GLE 63 competitor. I had the first allocation for a turbo GT at msrp built it and was delivered. My thought was go to one car and have the best imo SUV. Ultimately I kept gts and preferred 911 with it