01-01-2023, 06:28 AM   #58
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, G05 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Unfortunately you require DAP for the features you are interested in. Do you have heated seats you can automate them to turn on at a certain temp on older models? It may be standard on new MY21 plus models

Is "anticipation" activated in your cruise control options? I think that can be activated without DAP as it uses the speed sign data in the map database. There are few other cosmetic changes you can make to the instrument panel and head unit.
If you are keen to proceed to the next level I would suggest purchasing a cable and Bimmer Utility software. Bimmercode which is a smartphone App is very good for basic cosmetic coding has limitations as it does not have access to all the car's ECU's for safety reasons. It's backup system is not great and requires in my opinion the user to make notes on changes he or she does. Either way get a std OBD enet cable for Bimmer Utility and a smart phone/pad cable adapter if you opt for Bimmercode. It is a lot quicker and more reliable than using Wifi or Bluetooth Adapters
I suspected that may be the case I have the ability to auto turn on the heated seats when temps hit below a predefined temp already so covered there.

I’m not sure about the anticipation setting for cruise control, what does that do? Is it where you just need to hit the “set” button for the cruise control to change to the upcoming speed limit? If so, I do have that turned on!
I always thought the real estate on the cockpit screen was a bit wasted with very limited views available so would be good if I Callum’s add some further options to that.

Sounds like Bimmer Utility is the way to go with an OBD cable then. Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
Appreciate 0