View Single Post
      01-09-2023, 12:08 PM   #50
nog0odd3ed@gmail.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 40i Msport

So wanted to give a quick update on my adventures trying to do the LEIB MIL Delete adapter…
  1. Make sure you disconnect the negative battery terminal once the car is completely asleep (wait about 15 minutes after doors are left open and car is shut off)
  2. Good luck pulling the panels off to get to the CAN BUS or Body Domain Controller - very little info/instructions on how to get to it, what it requires etc…
  3. Be careful pulling out plastic parts there’s ALWAYS something that gets broken.
  4. Once you can see the Body Domain Controller, take a deep breath.
  5. Upon looking at the BDC, Good luck figuring out how you are going to unpin any of the little wires to pin them into the LEIB module. There is very little footage out there and much less information on which tools you would need to do this.
  6. Sigh very loudly, put everything back together and try to find a shop who can do this for you. In my experience here in Austin TX, I have found no one who knows what this LEIB module is, what it takes to do, and much less want to much around with the electrical connectors/tools needed to do the job.
  7. If you know of anyone in Austin who can do this job, please please hit me up.

Bottom line is that this job is definitely not for the faint of heart and unless you have experience ‘un-pinning’ electrical wires from the connectors for the BDC, leave it to an expert.

Frustrated in Austin…
Luis
Appreciate 0