Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheACN View Post
I bought my x5 and it was my second month of ownership. I was driving down the highway when I heard a something hit the windshield. No visible damage so I moved on with my life. Two days have passed, and I was driving it to work ever day. After the end of my second day, I decided to shop for a new insurance policy since my existing one had my premium go up a lot due to the new X5. Never had a claim for the 10 years I've been with that carrier so the price hike was solely due to the new ride. I got a quote from some other carrier and they told me I would need to take the x5 for a photo inspection since it's 2 months old and not considered brand new anymore. I said fine and paid for the new policy. I called my old insurance carrier and canceled my other, old policy. After my phone call, I went outside and VOILA, there's a Crack on my windshield that is almost the full width of the glass. At that point, I was out of my old insurance and new one hadn't had the inspection yyet.i called bmw and got a quote for $3800 (called about 5 dealers, this one was the cheapest). Long story short, I told what happened to my new carrier and they luckily decided to cover it in full. They earned a loyal customer.
Wow. That’s a crazy story. I’m happy to hear they covered it for you. They could probably tell you were being honest with them.
Appreciate 0