02-09-2023, 07:58 PM   #18
Big_CG
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDD007 View Post
Is that the correct tire size?
A great question, I am happy to explain as I have done dozens of hours of research on this topic.

The factory tire size for the RFT pirelly tires is slightly different.

As we know, the factory tires are trash. Loud, rough, bumpy, noisy, heavy, and poor traction.

I was determined to find a solution. Upon reviewing the Michelin thread, many members upgraded to the AS3 tires.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1758397&page=5

I did the same at about 43k miles, and was totally blown away with the improvement. Honestly one of the best mods I have ever done to any car. Night and day different. Not just a bit quieter and smoother. But significantly. Think 3 series vs 7 series .

Regarding the speedo, the diameter is almost identical so its nothing to worry about. Its 103.4% of the original size, meaning that every 1000 miles logs an additional 30 miles on the odometer. Nothing to worry about or be concerned with, and well worth it when considering the other benefits of these Michelin tires.

And no, these Michelins are not offered in the factory 21" size so that's why we have to get a slightly taller sidewall.

Seriously, I went from hating driving the car due to the road noise and rough ride to loving it with just a change of tires. I carry the slime spair tire kit in case of flats, and of course I have road side hazard coverage on the tires and the car insurance.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 1
JayDD007104.50