View Single Post
      02-23-2023, 12:32 PM   #232
viperdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7/‘21 45e/‘23 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillX5M View Post
I definitely know the risk is low. And I really appreciate all your insight. It’s so helpful. I know different people are on different websites so that’s why I posted in different places. To get a good variety on responses before I make an 80k purchase. But seriously - thanks for all your amazing help. The x45e is an amazing car.
When I started this thread many months ago, I wanted to know people's experience about the 45e from a drive-ability standpoint, since I had to order one without ever driving it. I had never done that before and was nervous. I wanted to make sure it still drove like a BMW.

But your question, while a good one to ask, is CLEARLY illustrated in very large scale data pulls from across the country over many millions of vehicles (hybrids, PHEVs and EVs). The results are clear.... if you are worried about fires, DON'T buy an internal combustion engine vehicle, and especially an actual hybrid (like a prius) as these types of vehicles have the highest fire risk of all. It is really that simple. But hundreds of millions of people own ICE vehicles, and hybrids, and EVs/PHEVs, and relatively few burst into flame spontaneously (which is what it appears you are worried about).

Asking your question on this website (which is more than welcomed for sure) is asking for personal opinions on the mechanical and electric risks of a vehicle that none of us have built and probably few of us have spent the time evaluating from a data perspective to give definitive answers. In the end...it seems like you would sleep better not having a PHEV or EV, and that kind of reassurance is invaluable
Appreciate 0