View Single Post
      03-15-2023, 06:15 PM   #66
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Yeah, that will max out the 45e. But, I look at it this way, having one in the house when you sell could end up being a plus as more and more people will be needing one as time goes on. The wiring is certainly less expensive to handle 20A versus 40-50 or more! And, not knowing your power panel's status, 20A may be the best or only choice without costly upgrades. When I put mine in, I would have preferred to wire it to handle a larger unit, but that would have entailed a VERY significant and difficult service upgrade.

And, yes, unless you just came off an extensive highway trip that got everything quite warm, or you let the thing cool off to really frigid conditions, both situations can slow the recharging as it either cools things off, or slowly warms them, 5-6 hours is what it takes. Most people probably don't run the battery down all the way on a regular basis. On one long trip last summer, (a bit over 400-miles, mostly non-stop on the interstate), the cooling fans ran for about an hour before it actually started to recharge.
Appreciate 0