View Single Post
      04-23-2023, 12:06 AM   #1
Plex774x
Registered
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW X5 M-Sport

Question Newbie X5 owner - Need DIY Maintenance info

Hello all,

Newbie '21 G05 X5 owner here. Been studying and researching the car, really like it. I have some questions.

1) I know the B58 is super reliable, but is there anything else I should watch out for or anticipate? I heard the air suspension tends to fail, or was this more common with the previous model X5?

2) I'm a DIY guy. After my new car warranty is finished (in 1 year/10,000mi more), I want to be able to do my own oil change, spark plugs, intake, cabin filter, battery swap, brake pads, brake rotors, and perhaps tranny fluid.

•Oil change - Seems easy based on a Youtube video I found.
•Spark plugs - Straightforward
•Intake - Really straighforward. I plan on upgrading to the BMS intake kit after the warranty is done
•Cabin filter - Where is this located???? How many?
•Battery swap - I know there are three batteries: Front, hybrid, and rear. The rear one is the main one. Seems easy to swap. I plan on using bimmercode/bimmerlink to register. Is this the same process for the front one? How hard is it to remove the front one?
•Brake pads - Need more info on how to do this
•Brake rotors - Need more info on how to do this
•Tranny fluid - Contemplating whether or not. How difficult is it?

...or is the BMW Maintenance plan worth the cost? My father told me he paid $800 for 2 years for basic maintenance.

I believe that's all I have for now. Any more info appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0