View Single Post
      05-16-2023, 10:58 PM   #21
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

I've never had rubbing with 18x8.5 et38 245/40/18 square winter and 19x8.5 et33 245/35/19 summer. Lowered on kw v3 which is a great kit, though a bit stiff for normal dd. It's low but not slammed, I would say perfect. The travel on the v3s is excellent, it soaks up big changes in the surface really really well. I don't hit things and have bad noises, I have to be careful and go slower over bad things, but really no problem. If you're scraping and having noises all the time you're too low or running wheels that don't fit.

After removing the rear shocks 3 times to get the adjustment right the handling is good, nice and neutral just a bunch of slop and body roll. I am considering the mono ball, but really need sway bars first. I don't need camber plates but if certain wheels I wanted to run needed a little camber to fit, I'd be open to the milway kit.

I currently have a 3mm spacer up front to keep it away from the strut. With the new wheels I think I will end up with a 2mm all around.

Adjustable sway bar end links helped as well.

I had the Bilstein b16 and they were good too but maybe a notch stiffer and I couldn't get the front low enough. I still have them actually, the one shock rod needs repaired, Bilstein said said no problem, send it in, and I just never did. At this point I should just sell them super cheap, dm me.

Sadly ohilins didn't make a kit for the xdrive at the time. I forget, but I think you could run the rwd kit with slight modification. Maybe someone remembers the difference.

The street comforts are probably a great choice

Last edited by B58 parts; 05-17-2023 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 2