07-16-2023, 07:06 PM   #32
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
It's funny how adept our dads were at trauma. Mine was never in war though he was in the Navy during Vietnam, he joined so he wouldn't get drafted so he had a choice. I got my head opened up pretty bad one night, my sister was having a pillow fight with one of her friends in her room and I walked in and she clocked me so hard I fell and hit my head right on the edge of her bed rail. I was wearing one of those yellow Izod shirts and when I stood up it was soaked red. Dad brought me to the living room, gave me a towel and a popsicle and told me not to go to sleep. We never went to the hospital, I think him being Navy and knowing how good the medical system was kind of made him just take care of things himself. I am pretty sure I was concussed, and I think I've had many and never even officially played sports.

One time, everyone was out and I was riding my bike. I don't really recall how the wreck occurred but when I fell I rang my bell HARD. I wasn't far from the house so I eventually picked up my bike and walked it home. I remember literally seeing stars and almost whited out twice. I just sat on the couch with my head ringing until it was quiet enough and I could move without wanting to throw up.

Good times!

They seem to be good at saving tips, even if they always end up looking funny! Glad you didn't lose it but it'd probably be cooler to lose one as a kid than an adult. I'm sure people notice it occasionally and bring it up, people just can't seem to help themselves about mine, if I don't feel like talking I just tell them it fell off and I'm waiting for it to grow back.
You just brought back a lot of lost memories, holy facking chiet. I almost forgot how many times I got hurt on my bike

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 1
Esteban44816.50