View Single Post
      08-16-2023, 10:17 AM   #87
mardoc
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
No, you won’t. You also won’t stop checking this thread 15 times per day (or hour) for any rumors or updates - and you aren’t alone 😂

As the resident seasoned expert of BMW stop-sales, I can confirm that BMW does an abysmal job of keeping their dealers in the loop. It’s all kept tight lip. I’m pretty close with my CA and the GM of my dealer and it was a shitshow last year at this time. They were finding out more about the latest software update rumors from me and a few of the guys on here than they were from corporate; even their corporate rep was in the dark. When the update finally came, it was posted on the forum and I texted my dealer and they didn’t even know that yet. They had to grab a tech and have them check their system and there it was.

I know there are a lot of crappy dealers in general out there but early on in this process last year, the dealers didn’t even know there was a stop-sale until they went to process the paperwork an hour or two before customer delivery; that’s when they got the hard stop in the system. I gave them all some slack as a result. I was literally in my garage getting into the car to go pick up my X7 when I got the dreaded call. Trust me, they want to sell you your car as much as you want to buy it.
Funny you mention that my rep was checking this forum for updates instead of internal sources.
Appreciate 0