View Single Post
      08-20-2023, 01:16 PM   #10
BMPHIL
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 NF View Post
I completely agree with everything said, I think there is a wish to go niche low volume high profit but neither MB, Audi or BMW can operate in this manner their products are good but not exclusive.
The packages are ridiculous, the car I looked at had comfort and comfort plus, £8200 in extras plus tech pack etc, the stuff you need isn’t available or separate on top of the packages 97k !!.
I think they all liked the Covid period were people had money to spend and demand outstripped supply and frankly they exploited this, now all western economies are going in different ways they won’t have that luxury.
But they still want to hold on to their high profits.
Time will tell I may be wrong, but as mentioned market forces will prevail, people will just go up a brand or settle for lesser brand.
I agree the 40d LCI may be my choice, that engine is epic, and as I found with my wife’s 30d the electric bit really gives it a new lease of life, I been driving round in it thinking why do I need anything else!
I think I bought my 50d’s because they were fully loaded and cost £ a few thousand more, previously I had 40ds and was very happy.
Very much appreciate everyone’s input , knowing I am not on my own in my disappointment of my brand BMW.
The covid period supply shortage was nothing to do with people having money it was to do with parts shortages and not being able to build cars, this applied to all manufacturers.
Appreciate 1
six393.00