beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiego29382 View Post
Well, I upgraded as well and holy moly, what a cluster. The mixed messages between the vehicle download and app download were irritating but I don’t hold BMW to a high bar here so I’ll leave that be. Started the upgrade with all manner of false starts e.g. upgrade claims to start, I walk away for 10 minutes, come back and it’s back to a screen asking me if I want to upgrade. The scheduled upgrade was useless. During the actual upgrade the app of course couldn’t even tell me that the upgrade was in progress much less show a progress bar, and as of this post the app is still showing a screen telling me that the next step is to install the upgrade from the vehicle even though it’s already done.

Like the previous poster, the vehicle would no longer start after the upgrade. All digital keys were no longer valid or paired. I fetched the key fob, held it to the steering column and… nothing. Well, after trouble shooting I learned that if your BMW LCI key fob is in the BMW key fob holder (leather or carbon) it wouldn’t recognize when held up to the steering column. Removing them from the case helped. Fun.

From this point I started getting all sorts of issues. Phone wouldn’t pair, no CarPlay, vehicle didn’t seem to have a working network connection any longer, app wouldn’t see it etc. what a holy hell of pain. After half an hour, I decided to reset the vehicle. This seemed to address the issues — after I spent TWO HOURS getting everything setup again including all the settings, pairings and digital keys, profiles etc.

If BMW were where Tesla was in oh 2018, that st least [...]
Either some folks have the worst experience with tech or you’re simply not a BMW enthusiast…
I just scrolled across a post on another social media site about how “wonderful” Tesla software upgrades are (yet you can’t drive the vehicle for an extended period of time while the upgrade is downloading direct to the vehicle)
Once uploaded to the vehicle mine took 7 mins. No big deal.
I’d say if you’re into Tesla that much perhaps trade your ride in for one?
I’m not a fan of the single serve saltine uninspiring design of Tesla. Their product hasn’t been updated (design wise) in a long time.yawn. To each their own. I purchased the BMW for far more than the tech. It’s meant for “spirited” driving with a mix of luxury/performance. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Appreciate 0