View Single Post
      11-18-2023, 06:37 AM   #20
CanIDeductIt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i, Macan Turbo

Add me to the list of people being forced into the 1% interest markup. was planning on putting around $45k down including trade but have not gotten to the point where they are aware of that (X5 has been stuck in Quality Control status for 5 days now). I'm guessing they'll put the same limit on the down payment so that they can make more on the markup. If I do run into that, and I'm sure I will, I'll just make up the difference on the first payment.

I don't think BMW financial charges a prepayment penalty, so technically you should be able to pay down the entire loan once the account is setup. The dealer gets some kick back if you hold onto the loan for a few months, and will try to coerce you into doing so, but there's nothing they can do if you want to pay the car off or find a lower rate somewhere and refinance right away. I would almost feel bad doing this to the dealer, especially if they're giving a decent discount of MSRP, but most dealers aren't transparent at all about any of this so I never feel I owe them anything.
Appreciate 1
T3PO97.50