View Single Post
      11-21-2023, 11:59 AM   #37
swiego29382
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI BMW X5 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardona View Post
I came from a 2021 X6 M50i with the Dynamic Handling Package which has the M Suspension Professional. This is the same put on the X5/X6 M Competition, which has the adaptive electronic dampers and air suspension on rear axle. Now on the M Comp, the programming ratios are way different due to the overall chasis rigidity and bracing, meaning that the performance and full M specific attributes provide a completely different driving experience. When I test drove the 2024 M Comp, I fully felt the stiffness, but didn’t consider it harsh. Surprisingly to have found out that the mosre you drive it, the less tolerant you become. I guess the excitement of owning it clouded my judgement at that time. It’s now been 2.5 months and is not getting any better. 3 weeks ago, I brought to the dealership service department and asked the engineer to make sure the plastics the plant puts on when when new vehicles are shipped were removed. They confirmed these were not on. So exhausting my options now…

This is NOT my first beammer, so that’s why I’m shocked and a bit disappointed. The car is amazing in all its other aspects, but the suspension is just NOT liveable… you go through a mildly uneven surface and it messes your back. Even this being a track oriented vehicle, they should know most drivers need also normal commute settings for daily driving. An M Comp doesn’t mean is strictly purchased by rich individuals that just use it for the track on weekends. For example the RSQ8 or the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, don’t have these suspension issues.

I beg anyone that has previously [...]
Unless I was misinformed, I do not believe the 2024 X5MC has air suspension, either front nor rear.
Appreciate 1
S68 X5MC274.50