View Single Post
      11-25-2023, 12:01 AM   #46
swiego29382
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI BMW X5 M Competition

After some time with the update, it’s largely underwhelming. The climate control UI has evolved into something I’d describe as serviceable but the key-on defaults seem to change from key cycle to key cycle without a pattern we have been able to discern thus far. No improvement to ADAS performance or any driving behaviors, but fortunately no regressions either. Speaking of which, CarPlay connectivity has been highly unreliable since the update and simply stopped working over the last two days. (Being at the tail end of a family road trip vacation, I had little appetite for the whole reset-everything solution that got it working previously.) At the moment the vehicle will not pair, even with Bluetooth, with any of our mobile devices. I’ll have to sort that out this weekend.

I still believe BMW needs to put in a great deal of effort to catch up in this area. In the time BMW has been able to push out a single update for the LCI X5, our Mach-E and Model 3 have each received ~4 and ~6 respectively and the updates have been more substantive. Some bits are nice and imaginative like the “Halloween surprise” which was a pleasant and unexpected surprise I hadn’t seen in our other vehicles. But, I’d rather BMW spend less energy on adobe flash-esque animations and more on getting skilled embedded software engineers to develop networking infra, update boot loaders and automated regression testing that they actually need to prioritize.
Appreciate 0