View Single Post
      11-30-2023, 02:59 AM   #13
MC113
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW X5 M60i

Update from my previous post -

As a recap, I brought the vehicle in in September when I received an iDrive message multiple times which read "Check Control: Power Supply - you can continue driving. Roadside assistance not required. Have the problem checked by the nearest service center." I picked the car up after being told it was fine and the service center didn't know what could've caused the issue.

On November 19th I received the same message which went away on its own.

Yesterday, while driving home the vehicle began making a pronounced high pitched noise while at low speeds or idling. This persisted for several minutes and then I then received the iDrive message "Check Control: Power Supply. Stop carefully. Do not continue driving. Continued driving will lead to malfunction of safety relevant functions. Battery cannot be recharged. Call Roadside Assistance."

The vehicle became extremely difficult to steer and subsequently made more unusual mechanical noises. I was able to get it home and it is now parked in my garage. I am assuming it will need a flatbed to the service center but I'll need to figure out how to get it out of my apartment building's garage. I've scheduled service for Monday. From what I've read elsewhere it seems there's a known issue with the 48v system...going back to 2021.

A little disappointing on a few month old $104k car which I traded my '20 Range Rover Sport V8 for specifically in anticipation of reliability concerns as the Range was getting older. Not real world problems but a bit ironic!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0